• April 11, 2018 at 12:09 pm

Hey, I am confused between Google Analytics or Kissmetrics. What’re the basic differences between these two and What should I choose to have a better view of the website traffic?

• April 11, 2018 at 1:02 pm

Hey, Kissmetrics analytics is focused on people whereas google analytics excels at web analytics. If you want to increase conversions, drive engagement, then probably using Kissmetrics would be more beneficial. It will provide you with insights of your customers, how much they are engaged on your website, what actions they have performed etc.

• April 12, 2018 at 9:09 am

Google Analytics tells you what is happening. Kissmetrics tells you who is doing it. Both are great at its own aspects. Decide what’s your priority and select one accordingly.

• April 12, 2018 at 1:32 pm

From my personal experience, I would suggest you use KISSmetrics due to following reasons:
    1. KISSmetrics track people but Google analytics tracks page views.
    2. With KISSmetrics, you can export your data to MailChimp while in Google analytics, you can’t.
    3. You don’t need any code to track event in KISSmetrics but in Google analytics, the code is must to track event.

The only drawback of KISSmetrics is that it is paid and Google analytics is free. But you can take advantage of KISSmetrics 14 days free trial and decide whether you have to continue using it or not.

• January 17, 2019 at 7:21 am

I prefer using Kissmetrics over Google Analytics. Here are the reasons:

1. Kissmetrics keep track of people, unlike Google Analytics that shows you just page views.

2. Kissmetrics provide you with better activity report.