A linchpin is a person with a unique skillset and way of doing things. Their combination of skills, talents, and abilities, which Godin defines in his book, make them indispensable.
If a linchpin works in a company, they are the person a company can’t live without. Well-known corporate linchpins include Steve Jobs or Google’s Marissa Mayer.
5 Words From The Business World You Should Know
1. DUE DILIGENCE – Refers to a formal investigation of all the nuances of a particular business.
2. RIFLE APPROACH – This is a business strategy, which encourages the employees to focus on specific targets.
3. BALLPARK FIGURE – Before the purchase, an estimate is provided of the future value of the product.
4. STARTUP – In simple terms, this means the start of something new, a new business, or venture or a new project.
5. MICROMANAGE – In the business world, this term refers to a method of management
1. BATTING AVERAGE – This refers to the strategy of measuring the ratio of success.
2. BUY-IN – agreement and acceptance of something new.
3. TAILWINDS AND HEADWINDS – it implies favorable conditions which promote growth and higher profit and revenue.
4. IN BED – Two companies merge and work in perfect harmony without the fear of competition from one another.
- Deep Dive: When businessmen need to come up with a brilliant idea
- Bleeding edge: New age trending word for ‘cutting edge’
- Move the needle: When a certain amount of effort is required to make a noticeable difference
- Deliverable: Favourite term of project managers for quantifiable goods or services provided as a result of completing a project.
What terms are used in the business world?Most popular topics Topics with no replies
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)