A linchpin is a person with a unique skillset and way of doing things. Their combination of skills, talents, and abilities, which Godin defines in his book, make them indispensable.
If a linchpin works in a company, they are the person a company can’t live without. Well-known corporate linchpins include Steve Jobs or Google’s Marissa Mayer.
5 Words From The Business World You Should Know
1. DUE DILIGENCE – Refers to a formal investigation of all the nuances of a particular business.
2. RIFLE APPROACH – This is a business strategy, which encourages the employees to focus on specific targets.
3. BALLPARK FIGURE – Before the purchase, an estimate is provided of the future value of the product.
4. STARTUP – In simple terms, this means the start of something new, a new business, or venture or a new project.
5. MICROMANAGE – In the business world, this term refers to a method of management
1. BATTING AVERAGE – This refers to the strategy of measuring the ratio of success.
2. BUY-IN – agreement and acceptance of something new.
3. TAILWINDS AND HEADWINDS – it implies favorable conditions which promote growth and higher profit and revenue.
4. IN BED – Two companies merge and work in perfect harmony without the fear of competition from one another.
What terms are used in the business world?Most popular topics Topics with no replies
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)