Hey, what are the probable mistakes one can make while scaling a business and how can we avoid that? Your advice or suggestions will be much appreciated.
- This topic was modified 10 months ago by Joseph.
Hey, one of the most common mistakes that startups do while scaling the business is they start hiring people impulsively. You do need people to cope up with the workload but compromising with someone who doesn’t fit in your work environment should be a big NO.
1. Naive Hiring Practices: Hiring people to the company is the most visible way of scaling up, but hiring impulsively can create problems for your business in the long run.
2. Not Listening to Your Early Users: The first set of customers you need to listen to are the early users. Give them the product for free, and ask them the feedback as what you can improve.
3. Compromising Your Business Plan for Short-Term Growth: Creating a set of goals for your business with action plans showing how you’ll achieve each one is a good way to protect yourself from trying to grow too quickly.
4. Losing sight of vision: Scale-ups should not be distracted by too many opportunities and lose sight of their vision when scaling their business. Scaling up requires a plan and discipline to adhere to that plan.
Don’t get distracted by too many opportunities lining up in the journey of scaling down your business and lose sight of your vision. Vision and strategy are the most important factors while scaling up the business.
Mistakes to avoid when scaling a businessMost popular topics Topics with no replies
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)