• February 14, 2018 at 12:45 pm

I am planning to start a blog and am looking for CMS options. WordPress is standard but I need to explore my options. Just need a simple and easy to manage CMS.

Open for suggestion. Thanks in advance

• February 15, 2018 at 5:49 am

Well, I would suggest just stick to WordPress. Exploring options is good but you have a verified solution in the form of WordPress. WordPress is clean, organized and have huge scope to scale your product.

Many huge websites run on WordPress itself

Then why waste time and look for options. Instead, you should be searching for options to make your website’s content and product better.

• February 19, 2018 at 5:53 am

You can explore the following options

Joomla

Drupal

B2evolution

Weebly

Wix

Ghost

• February 21, 2018 at 10:05 am

You should definitely stick with wordpress. Other alternatives mentioned are actually good ones but they are definitely not simple. In case you are not a techie you should opt for wordpress.

Joomla and Drupal may be good ones but will definitely screw over the simple part. Instead wordpress has good support system. There are infinite blogs out there to help you do things with your wordpress and they are introducing new plugins everyday to make your website better.

• February 27, 2018 at 7:07 am

Well suggesting options under the threat of going against “simplicity is not acceptable”.

If you want to make a good website, it is good about exploring options.

Why don’t you try good CMS options like CraftCMS or October CMS.

They are something different then the world has seen.

Thank me later!!!

• February 27, 2018 at 7:09 am

Adding a few more options to the discussion, you may be interested in
    1. Concrete 5

2. Pagekit

• March 1, 2018 at 12:47 pm

Hold on a bit every body, WordPress is not a CMS. It is a blogging platform and can be used as a CMS as well.

If you want to manage your site with a simple CMS. First be clear with what exactly simple is for. List out the requirements you expect a CMS to handle and then go hounding for one of them.

• March 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm

Well

https://www.cmscritic.com/wordpress-is-a-cms-whether-you-like-it-or-not/

Even I believe WordPress is a CMS

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Siddhartha.
  • March 1, 2018 at 12:54 pm

Well, I most certainly did not say that wordpress can not be used as a CMS.

And I can post links like you mentioned one supporting my claim.

Well the bottom line is it can be used as one. That’s it.

• June 10, 2019 at 12:53 pm

WordPress is a popular platform but it is not for publishing. There are numerous WordPress alternatives that you can use to build your website. Each of the WordPress competitors is different & has their own pros & cons. You need to recognize such differences & limitations when choosing the WordPress alternative. Some of the WordPress alternatives are –
    Constant Contact Website Builder
    Wix
    Gator by HostGator
    BigCommerce
    Shopify
    Weebly

• This reply was modified 6 days, 19 hours ago by  Ryan Parker.
  • June 10, 2019 at 1:48 pm

After WordPress I would suggest WIX platform. Wix is a free, user-friendly, website building platform. Create amazing, professional-looking sites, which can be updated and edited with ease – no technical skills required. Wix offers an easy drag – drop website builder to create a site.